Based on a survey conducted in 1996 in 4 villages of Beleshwar, Dhamrai, BPF has set up Community Based Rehabilitation Programme to extend its services for the disabled in the community involving the community people. The activities of the CBR programme is supported by the staff of the rural programme. Based on the past experience and lessons learnt during the past years in running the rural programme, BPF has planned to achieve the following objectives by the end of 2005. Some of the objectives were partially fulfilled or could not be fulfilled. Therefore, activities undertaken to fulfil these objectives during he past years needs to be continued.
- Identification of children with disability and impairment.
- Training education and management of children with disability for adjustment in the family and community.
- Increase community participation and income generation.
- Capacity building.
- To mobilize available resource.
- Create condition for the access of the children with disability in the mainstream education and basic services.
Strategies to achieve the objective:
- Training of field level workers on early identification technique.
- Follow-up training on management skills and inclusive education to further improve the skill in teaching and management.
- Ongoing regular meeting through parent club/CBR association and identify low-cost programme for income generation.
- Training on management skills.
- Networking with their organization and schools within the area to create opportunities for inclusion of children who are excluded.
- Testing ability of the field level workers in the skills of identification and screening.
- Number of follow-up training conducted observing the teachers while teaching the classroom.
- of persons trained in the management skills.
- Initiation of programmes and activities for income generation.
- Changes in the attitude of mainstream school teachers and members of other organization and willingness for acceptance of the children with disability in their programme.