The CBR programme of Faridpur is located in 4 villages which are very underdeveloped having no health care and education facilities. The prevalence of disability and impairment among children were found to be quite high compared to the other areas. Different activities were undertaken by BPF during the past year to fulfil the objectives of ensuring the right of the child survival, protection, development and participation which were fulfilled to some extent. However, BPF has planned to continue the activities from the previous years and achieve the following objectives b the end of year 2005.
- Awareness raising among the community regarding different issues of disability.
- Training of parents on early intervention and management of children.
- Create condition for the access of children with disability in basic services.
Strategies to achieve the objective :
- Organizing meeting, discussion by the parents association and motivate and educate the religious leaders to speak on the disability issues (prevention and rehabilitation) in the mosque just before the Friday noon
- Professional support from the BPF in improving the training and management skills of the CW’s and parents.
- Networking with the local NGO’s and other service providing organization (health complex, educational institution, vocational training institutes) within the area for the access of the children and persons with disability and using their facilities and resources.
Educating the children following the National Curriculum of the Text Book Board.
- Skill training (based on the local demand, ability of the individual child, need and requirement of the family).
- Physical Activities (games, physical exercises).
- Art activities (drawing, painting, craft work).
- Cultural activities (music, dance, drama).
Additional services : (as per requirement)
- Physical therapy.
- Speech and Communication.
- Regular health check-up.
Special Activities :
- Cultural function
- Day observance
- Parents day.
Outcome Measures :
Changes in the attitudes of the community people and willingness for participation.
- Improvement in the skills of management of the children with disability (education, therapeutic) of the Community Workers and parents.
- Willingness of the members and staff of different organization in sharing their facilities and giving access to their facilities to the children and persons with disability.