Bangladesh Institute of Special Education (Institute for research and training of special of Special Education teachers and personnel)
Bangladesh Institute of Special Education was established in the year 1998 under the aegis of Bangladesh Protibondhi Foundation and affiliated with the National University. The Institute is committed to provide high quality education with the objective of producing highly skilled teachers responsive to the needs of the children with different types of disability and prepare them for meeting the challenges of living in the society with honour and dignity.
The main objectives of the Institute are:
- To produce highly skilled teachers and professionals who would significantly contribute to the development in the field of disability.
- To create a centre of excellence for higher education and research for generating and disseminating updated knowledge in the field of disability.
- To create a most modern resource centre for the promotion of education of the children and persons with disability in the country and
- To enter into arrangement and contract with higher educational institutions, accredited universities abroad in the area of faculty exchange and collaborative research.
- To run short courses for human resource development
Post Bachelors Degree in Special Education (BSEd) in the area of Intellectual Disability, Hearing Impairment and Visual Impairment.
Since the location of the campus is within the same premises of the special school and other programmes for the children with disability the student teacher has excellent opportunities observing, interacting with the children with disability and hands on training with children.
A library with rich collection of text books, reference books, journals and other supplementary reading materials. The students and faculty member has free access to the library.
The faculty of the Institute of Special Education consist of renowned, devoted and qualified full-time teachers and part-time teachers from the Institute of Education and Research and Dhaka University.
Admission procedure & requirement : (I) Bachelors degree from a recognized university with Psychology as one of the subject or Bachelor Degree from a recognized University with a minimum of two years of experience in working with children with disability. (II) Applicant must obtain at least two second divisions in SSC, HSC and BA/B.Sc. or equivalent.
Course Duration : One academic year.
Admission Requirement for MSEd, BSEd in Special Education.
After completing the course the graduates will be eligible for the following position :
- Special Education teacher in any special school.
- Resource teacher in the mainstream school.
- Organization working for the children and person with Disability on Education.
- Position in National Curriculum and Text Book Board (NCTB)
- Position in the Govt. Department under the Ministry of Social Welfare /Education.
- Consultant to various government, non-government and UN organization.