The Community Based Rehabilitation Programme (CBR) in Kishoregonj was set up in 1997 following a survey on identification and need based assessment and gained popularity within the community. The community participation has increased skills for management of children with disability has been successfully transferred. Children learn the independent living skills. But the need for education of children with disability has increased. The purpose of the inclusive school to prepare the children for entering the mainstream school whenever they are ready. Prioritizing the needs of the children with disability within the area BPF established inclusive school in the name BPF Kalyani Inclusive Primary School, Maria, Kishoregonj in 2000.
- Development of partnership of mutual respect between existing health care, educational and vocational training institution as well as local artisan and make use of their existing facilities & resources for the rehabilitation of the children and persons with disability.
- Contact with local leaders and influential persons within the areas and plan on income generation programmes.
- Create opportunities for the person with disability and families having children with disability for vocational rehabilitation.
- Educating the children following the National Curriculum of the Text Book Board.
- Skill training (based on the local demand, ability of the individual child, need and requirement of the family).
- Physical Activities (games, physical exercises).
- Art activities (drawing, painting, craft work).
- Cultural activities (music, dance, drama).
Additional services : (as per requirement)
- Physical therapy.
- Speech and Communication.
- Regular health check-up.
- Nutrition supplement
Special Activities :
- Cultural function
- Day observance
- Parents day.
Outcome Measures :
- Increase in the accessibility of the children in the school.
- Sharing of responsibilities by local leaders in running the programmes.
- Acceptance and giving priority to children and persons with disability and their families in the vocational rehabilitation.