BPF has been implementing the CBR activities in Norshingdi since 1999 in four villages of Norshingdi. During the past 2 years a number of community workers were trained in the skill of identification management, education and training of children with disability. But they still needs to gain confidence in training other and work independently. Having very scanty disability services within the area the people are not aware of disability issues. Therefore, the programme still needs constant professional support. Based on the outcome of the CBR programme. BPF has planned to achieve the following objectives by the end of year 2005.
- Improve the skills of health and community workers, parents and caregivers in early identification early intervention and proper management of the children with disability.
- Awareness building.
- Develop income generation activities.
- Networking with other NGO’s, health care services delivery organization and vocational training institution.
Strategies to achieve the objectives :
- Organize training for parents and rehabilitation workers.
- Organize meetings and discussions on issues relating to childhood disability.
- Establish contacts with different organizations within the areas and work together.
- Plan on some income generation activities through the Mother Club.
- Educating the children following the National Curriculum of the Text Book Board.
- Skill training (based on the local demand, ability of the individual child, need and requirement of the family).
- Physical Activities (games, physical exercises).
- Art activities (drawing, painting, craft work).
- Cultural activities (music, dance, drama).
Additional services : (as per requirement)
- Physical therapy.
- Speech and Communication.
- Regular health check-up.
Special Activities :
- Cultural function
- Day observance
- Parents day.
Outcome Measures :
- Number of training organized Improvement in the skills in working independently.
- Number of meeting held and outcome of the discussions.
- Outcome of the contacts.
- Activities planned and implemented for income generation.