Sheltered Workshop (Pre-vocational and Vocational Training)
BPF through sheltered workshop has been rendering different pre-vocational and vocational training to the youth and adult disabled according to their aptitude for their engagement in productive works.
Trades offered in the Workshop are :
- Craft Work – weaving, sewing, embroidery, block printing, fabric painting, tie and dye, dress designing and making greeting cards .
- Carpentry/Wood work – Educational toys, jigsaw puzzles, special aids and device for the children with cerebral palsy.
- Clay Work – Terracotta jewellery.
- Vocational rehabilitation of adults with disability.
- Create opportunities for the workers in the job market.
- To make it an income generation project.
Strategies to achieve the objective:
- Employing more workers and give incentive for motivation and prevent absenteeism.
- Dialogue with different business entrepreneur and industry owners for placement of trained workers with disability.
- Boost up the production and marketing of the items and goods produced.
Outcome measures :
- Number of workers employed and their attendance.
- Number of people from different business set up and industries contacted and outcome of meeting.
- Sale proceeds of goods.
A total of 610 adults have been trained through sheltered workshop.